Thursday, September 09, 2004

"keep your blacks blacker than black"

At least that is what Woolite says, in one of thier commercials I just had to laugh... is it a subliminal message of a honest commericial written by someone who has no real thoughts of its meaning . Planters peanuts had a commericial that says don't blow a Saturday with an ordinary Nut...or my favorite ad by Cornnuts "Bust a Nut" I believe every commericial has a meaning I just question the woolite commercial and its timing to the elections or that is what one poster believes I found this post when I entered the phrase "Keep Your Blacks Blacker than Black" in the google search engine....

Color Guard
Have you ever noticed the political messages in commercials? They're there. In the 1960s, when the Ku Klux Klan was in vogue, the big commercial was about Ajax laundry detergent, whereby a white knight on horseback would ride down the road touching things with his sword and turning them white. This commercial caused Dean Martin to joke about having that white knight touch Sammy Davis Jr.
Then came the 1980s, and Ronald Reagan was running for president with morality now being an issue. A popular commercial then was by Bold detergent. The commercial slogan was, "to get the whites right, you must get the colors clean." Get it? This carried on to the first Bush candidacy. Remember Willie Horton?
Fast-forward now to the current election, where the attempt is to turn the clocks back to pre-Civil Rights days, the days before the Supreme Court declared segregation unconstitutional. We now have a new ad by Woolite showing a woman saying that she likes her clothing totally black or white. The ad then states that to keep your blacks blacker than black, use Woolite. Now, I say for this upcoming election, be careful and don't let the politicians pull the Woolite over your eyes.
--Alex Frazier, Syracuse

Interesting observation.....

2 Comments:

Blogger JackAz said...

You gotta be kidding. Let me find you a tinfoil hat. "Turn the clocks back to pre-Civil Rights days"? Oh man, you need to get out more.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Interesting blog! Personally I do not do laundry myself but my maid says that Woolite is the best detergent. I myself browsed the net and on this great site www.pissedconsumer.com read more about the products offered by the company. You can look up the site and you may find a variety of other companies and customer reports.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home